By Rachel McCollin
Take WordPress past its convenience zone
As the most well-liked open resource running a blog instrument, WordPress is getting used to strength more and more complicated websites, pushing it past its unique function. during this precise e-book, the authors percentage their studies and suggestion for operating successfully with consumers, deal with a venture staff, improve with WordPress for higher tasks, and push WordPress past its limits in order that consumers have the personalized website they want with a view to achieve a aggressive marketplace.
- Explains that there's multiple method of a WordPress problem and indicates you the way to settle on the person who is better for you, your customer, and your team
- Walks you thru web hosting and constructing environments, subject development, and contingency planning
WordPress: Pushing the Limits encourages you to learn from the reports of pro WordPress programmers in order that your client's website can succeed.
By Steven F. Daniel
Over a hundred recipes to construct your individual enjoyable and interesting iOS purposes with this booklet and ebook.
• the best way to pass approximately constructing a few basic, but robust functions conveniently utilizing recipes and instance code
• Teaches find out how to use the beneficial properties of iOS 6 to combine fb, Twitter, iCloud, and Airplay into your applications
• plenty of step by step recipe examples with plentiful screenshots throughout to software deployment to the Apple App shop to get you on top of things very quickly, with beneficial tricks alongside the way.
The free up of iOS 6 comes choked with over 1,500 new APIs and two hundred new beneficial properties. Xcode four Cookbook will educate youhow to combine iCloud garage and the way to head approximately utilizing the fb and OpenGraphi APIs, in addition to supplying you with useful step by step recipes masking person Interfaces, info administration, multimedia, localisation prone and maps, throughout to software deployment to the Apple App shop. you'll soon be getting to know the know-how and the abilities had to create a few outstanding applications.
Xcode four Cookbook may also help you easy methods to construct a few strong functions utilizing iOS 6 and many of the frameworks. you'll soon grasp how you can contain iCloud, fb, and the OpenGraph APIs and practice a variety of picture filters and transitions utilizing center picture integration inside your purposes. by utilizing the book’s step by step strategy, you'll soon grasp the expertise and the talents had to create a few striking applications.
Xcode four Cookbook offers you the abilities and information and functional recipes on the way to cross approximately constructing necessary functions that may be used in the industry.
You will begin by means of studying how one can cross approximately downloading and fitting the Xcode improvement instruments, know about Interface Builder to create the visible person interfaces, connecting the gadgets utilizing shops and activities, and methods to compile/debug your applications.
Finally, you are going to the right way to trap media with the iOS digital camera and play again video content material utilizing Airplay to wirelessly flow movies to an Apple television machine, utilizing the AV origin framework, in addition to utilizing the center snapshot and center photographs frameworks to create outstanding snapshot results utilizing the integrated features.
What you are going to examine from this book
• obtain and set up the Xcode four iOS 6 Developer Tools;
• construct consumer interfaces utilizing Interface Builder;
• detect the center picture and center pix Frameworks and the integrated photograph filters;
• Use tools to ensure your purposes are operating smoothly;
• discover the middle position and MapKit frameworks to show the present user’s place and to use the geocoding of deal with information;
• grasp iCloud garage APIs to add and obtain content material, in addition to the best way to move approximately dealing with file-conflicts;
• combine the fb, OpenGraph, and fb question Language (FQL) APIs into your applications;
• set up your functions to the Apple App Store.
This is a Cookbook with easy-to-follow recipes containing functional and specific examples that are all totally subsidized up with code, illustrations, and information.
Selling Online with Drupal e-Commerce: Walk through the creation of an online store with Drupal's e-Commerce module (From Technologies to Solutions)
By Michael Peacock
Drupal is a loose and open-source modular internet program framework and content material administration approach (CMS) written in personal home page which may run in lots of environments, together with home windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD. Drupal e-Commerce is a unfastened, open-source, feature-rich, versatile package deal of modules that seamlessly provides complete e-Store services to Drupal.
Drupal e-Commerce is the mix of Drupal, the award-winning Drupal five content material administration method, and the e-Commerce package deal of modules that may be plugged into it, bringing a wealth of e-commerce performance to the software.
In this e-book you are going to easy methods to use the Drupal content material administration process besides its e-Commerce modules to establish and deal with an internet store. we are going to set up the software program, look at its gains, plan our store, create our store, examine buyer administration, create a layout for our store, and canopy defense, taxes, transport, or even advertising and marketing our business!
If you're new to Drupal and wish to establish a robust e-commerce procedure, this publication is for you. If you've a few event of operating with Drupal and need to appreciate how its e-commerce suggestions can be utilized to strength a web store, this publication also will end up invaluable.
What you are going to research from this book?
* Why to decide on Drupal for e-commerce
* fitting and configuring Drupal and its e-Commerce module
* How Drupal and its e-Commerce module paintings
* developing and handling content material
* growing and handling consumer money owed, roles, and permissions
* issues to contemplate whilst making plans to promote on-line
* Structuring your web site, your product catalogue, and framing a procuring strategy for clients
* Framing company regulations to address felony concerns
* Branding your web site by means of customizing default issues
* fitting new topics and making a customized subject
* Customizing the checkout method for processing orders
* making a larger promoting adventure
* Attracting buyers with rate reductions, coupons, auctions, donations, flexicharges
* operating with taxes and transport principles in Drupal e-Commerce
* Drupal e-Commerce's transport API modules
* Securing and keeping your website (deploy, backup, restoration)
* growing and handling invoices utilizing the Invoices module
* Integrating CiviCRM to regulate appointments and log mobile calls
* enhancing site visitors with SEO
* ads programmes, newsletters, and viral advertising campaigns
The ebook starts off with the fundamentals of Drupal after which steps you thru the production of an internet store, exploring Drupal extra as wanted. in basic terms the gains of Drupal suitable to the e-commerce software should be covered.
Written in a simple, easy-to-understand demeanour, the publication presents the necessities of having your e-commerce web site up and working with Drupal.
Who this booklet is written for?
This e-book is for those that are looking to commence promoting on-line as fast as attainable, and need to work out the way to use the confirmed Drupal platform to accomplish this.
The booklet is perfect to be used in a small enterprise with merely easy in-house technical abilities. it is going to even be important for builders who not just are looking to create an e-commerce web site, but in addition need a CMS platform for increasing the positioning sooner or later. No earlier wisdom of Drupal is needed. No personal home page adventure is anticipated, even though it should be invaluable. easy wisdom of e-commerce can also be invaluable, even supposing the most ideas are brought and coated as required.
- Create striking modern-day purposes that run seamlessly throughout a number of platforms
- Implement a number of methodologies by way of developing assorted apps with dynamic features
- This specific project-based consultant can assist you construct your personal web pages efficiently
The publication grants easy directions on tips on how to layout and construct glossy net utilizing the newest developments in internet improvement. you are going to layout responsive web content, created with smooth Flat consumer Interface layout styles, construct deep-scrolling web pages with parallax 3D results, and roll-your-own single-page purposes. eventually, you are going to paintings via an amazing bankruptcy that mixes them all.
Each bankruptcy gains real strains of code that you should follow correct away.
What you are going to Learn
- Find out easy methods to create responsive websites
- Create web pages utilizing the principals of Flat design
- Create deep-dive websites utilizing parallax scrolling
- Discover easy methods to use Ajax in single-page applications
- Create responsive padding with the field version property
About the Author
Benjamin LaGrone is an internet developer who lives and works in Texas. He acquired his begin in programming on the age of 6 while he took his first desktop type on the Houston Museum of common technological know-how. His first application was once "choose your individual experience book", written in simple; he has fond thoughts of the times while software program wanted you to jot down line numbers. quickly ahead to approximately thirty years later: after finding out that pcs are the following to stick, Ben has made a profession combining of his favourite issues, paintings and coding―creating artwork from code. certainly one of his favourite initiatives used to be utilizing the GMaps API to map pathologies to chromosomes for melanoma examine. excited about cellular units for a very long time, Ben thinks that the responsive internet is among the most fun, but very long time coming, new facets of net improvement. He now works in a SaaS improvement store and is the cellular and responsive internet evangelist of the workforce. while he isn't engaged on a few web venture, Ben spends his time construction robots, tinkering with machines, consuming espresso, browsing, and instructing Kuk Sool martial arts.
Table of Contents
- Responsive net Design
- Flat UI
- Parallax Scrolling
- Single web page Applications
- The dying superstar Chapter
You need not be a techie to construct a community-based web site in your institution. With this consultant to Drupal one could create a web studying and sharing area on your scholars and co-workers, fast and easily.
- Create a robust device for conversation between lecturers, scholars, and the group with minimum programming knowledge
- Produce blogs, on-line discussions, teams and a media web hosting platform utilizing Drupal
- Step-by-step directions in a teacher-friendly method; developing your school room web site could be an relaxing task
As social networks develop into extra renowned, their function within the lecture room has come below scrutiny. Drupal deals a wide selection of beneficial instruments for educators. inside a unmarried Drupal web site, you could manage social bookmarking, podcasting, video web hosting, formal and casual teams, wealthy consumer profiles, and different gains generally linked to social net communities.
" Drupal for schooling and E-Learning - moment variation" teaches you ways to create your individual social networking web site to develop educating and studying ambitions within the school room, whereas supplying you with whole regulate over good points and entry. converse with scholars, percentage studying assets, and tune assignments via uncomplicated initiatives with this hands-on guide.
In this booklet you'll discover ways to set up and configure the default Drupal distribution after which expand it to incorporate blogs, bookmarks, a media sharing platform, and dialogue forums.
The booklet additionally covers easy methods to manage your web site to simply tune pupil paintings at the website, and the way to manage who has entry to that info. also, it teaches you ways to make the positioning effortless to take advantage of, tips on how to continue the location, and the way to invite for and obtain assist in the Drupal community.
What you are going to study from this book
- Build an intuitive constitution to permit scholars and academics to discover appropriate content material via growing blogs for either lecturers and students
- Create roles and permissions for controlling entry to diversified components of the site
- Share and deal with bookmarks, podcasts, photographs, and video to aid instructing and learning
- Foster dialogue and verbal exchange between lecturers, scholars, and in addition the bigger university neighborhood to collaborate on projects
- Support a number of periods in the related site
- Publish assignments for college students on your classes, and music scholar responses to these assignments
- Learn to switch support with the Drupal community
- Discover the way to backup and preserve your website as soon as it truly is built
With transparent directions and many screenshots, this booklet presents all of the aid and counsel you'll want as you start to create your school room web site. step by step tutorials allow you to use Drupal within the most productive and potent methods attainable. humans new to Drupal will discover a solid creation of the fundamentals; whereas more matured clients will study important tips and tips for utilizing Drupal in a lecture room context.
Who this ebook is written for
If you're an instructor, teach or an educator who desires to construct an internet site to your lecture room, be it hassle-free or any greater schooling, "Drupal 7 for schooling and E-Learning - moment version" will consultant you in attaining your target at each step. No event with programming languages, HTML, or CSS is required to appreciate the examples during this book.
Create internet Designs That paintings completely on Any Device—Simply and Beautifully!
Billions of individuals entry the net through smartphones, drugs, and units of all kinds, utilizing each that you can imagine interface and show. yet all of them wish a similar factor: the appropriate info, without delay, brought within the so much aesthetically exciting approach attainable. supply them what they wish with Responsive cellular Design .
Whether you’re a developer, dressmaker, or supervisor, Phil Dutson teaches you rules, innovations, and most sensible practices for supplying a winning event to all clients on all devices.
Dutson indicates tips on how to layout websites which are responsive “from the start,” whereas holding improvement uncomplicated and versatile. subsequent, he supplies whole technical information for remodeling responsive designs into responsive websites. You’ll locate assurance of key concerns resembling integrating media content material, optimizing functionality, and serving Retina or high-density displays.
Throughout, he combines exact and useful factors with useful, easy-to-reuse code snippets.
• Demonstrating why “mobile first” remains to be a top practice
• Fusing content material, constitution, and sweetness to bring reviews clients love
• utilizing responsive photos to enhance pace and bring visible messages extra effectively
• utilizing grid structures with no making it consider like your layout is “locked in a box”
• studying size values reminiscent of px, em, rem, and viewport units—and realizing their the most important differences
• enhancing the finer info of your layout with internet fonts
• Retrofitting present web pages to arrange them for the future
• Introducing net elements into your HTML markup
• utilizing integrated browser improvement instruments to streamline debugging and “in-browser” prototyping
Get began with the versatile and strong e-commerce framework, Magento
- Build your first Magento extension, step through step
- Extend center Magento performance, akin to the API
- Learn tips on how to attempt your Magento code
Magento has thoroughly reshaped the face of e-commerce because its release in 2008. Its innovative specialise in item orientated and EAV layout styles has allowed it to develop into the popular software for builders and shops alike.
"Magento personal home page Developer's advisor" is a whole connection with Magento, permitting builders to appreciate its basic strategies, and get them constructing and checking out Magento code.
The booklet begins by means of development the reader's wisdom of Magento, offering them with the data, options, and instruments that they require to begin their first Magento development.
After development this data, the ebook will then examine extra complicated subject matters: tips to attempt your code, how you can expand the frontend and backend, and deploying and dispensing customized modules.
"Magento personal home page Developer's advisor" can assist you navigate your approach round your first Magento advancements, supporting you to prevent the entire commonest complications new builders face whilst first getting started.
What you'll study from this book
- Understand the basic techniques of Magento
- Deploy and distribute customized modules
- Explore improvement suggestions and instruments for Magento
- Extend Magento center functionality
- Discover the layout styles which shape Magento
- Understand Magento architecture
- Test Magento with assorted instruments and frameworks
"Magento Hypertext Preprocessor Developer's advisor" is an simply obtainable educational, designed and written to provide the reader greatest realizing of the robust Magento framework.
Who this booklet is written for
This publication is written for builders who've prior adventure with Hypertext Preprocessor and Hypertext Preprocessor frameworks, akin to Zend or CakePHP, and need to begin constructing and dealing with Magento. Even builders with prior adventure with Magento will locate the ebook super worthy to achieve an entire figuring out of Magento basics, structure, and total philosophy.
By Jason Lengstorf, Thomas Blom Hansen
PHP is a server-side scripting language that permits you to improve dynamic websites that interact clients in ways in which are easily impossible utilizing purely HTML and CSS. PHP for Absolute Beginners takes a pragmatic method of educating you ways to construct dynamic content material to your web site utilizing Hypertext Preprocessor. You’ll fast start with sensible Hypertext Preprocessor tasks, studying the best way to construct a dynamic snapshot gallery. through the tip of the publication you’ll may have built a private weblog whole with a password secure admin module.
PHP for Absolute Beginners will not swamp you with each element of the whole personal home page language up entrance – as an alternative, you’ll be brought to a small, flexible subset of Hypertext Preprocessor and learn how to use it creatively to enhance dynamic websites. within the procedure you are going to discover ways to use variables, keep an eye on constructions, capabilities, and gadgets on your virtue. you'll how to plan and create databases and the way to prepare your personal home page scripts fantastically. on the finish of the booklet, you'll be a convinced personal home page consumer, able to take the subsequent steps in growing nice websites.
By Michal Levin
Welcome to our multi-device global, an international the place a user’s event with one program can span many devices—a phone, a pill, a working laptop or computer, the television, and past. This functional e-book demonstrates the diversity of the way units relate to one another, combining to create robust ensembles that bring better, built-in stories in your users.
Programming Google App Engine with Java: Build & Run Scalable Java Applications on Google's Infrastructure
By Dan Sanderson
This functional advisor indicates intermediate and complicated net and cellular app builders the way to construct hugely scalable Java functions within the cloud with Google App Engine. The flagship of Google's Cloud Platform, App Engine hosts your app on infrastructure that grows instantly along with your site visitors, minimizing up-front charges and accommodating unforeseen viewers. You’ll study hands-on tips on how to practice universal improvement projects with App Engine prone and improvement instruments, together with deployment and maintenance.
For Java purposes, App Engine offers a J2EE commonplace servlet box with an entire Java 7 JVM and traditional library. simply because App Engine helps universal Java API criteria, your code remains fresh and portable.
- Get a hands-on advent to App Engine's instruments and contours, utilizing an instance application
- Simulate App Engine in your improvement desktop at once from Eclipse
- Structure your app into separately addressable modules, every one with its personal scaling configuration
- Exploit the ability of the scalable Cloud Datastore, utilizing queries, transactions, and knowledge modeling with JPA
- Use Cloud SQL for traditional relational databases with App Engine applications
- Learn find out how to installation, deal with, and investigate cross-check your program on Google infrastructure