By Tom Igoe, Don Coleman, Brian Jepson
- Dig into Nfc’s structure, and find out how it’s with regards to Rfid
- Write pattern apps for Android with PhoneGap and its Nfc plugin
- Dive into Ndef: learn current tag-writer apps and construct your own
- Listen for and filter out Ndef messages, utilizing PhoneGap occasion listeners
- Build an entire Android app to regulate lighting fixtures and track on your home
- Create a resort registration app with Arduino, from check-in to door lock
- Write peer-to-peer Nfc messages among Android devices
- Explore embedded Linux functions, utilizing examples on Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone
By Azat Mardan
- Express.js basics: the preferred Node.js Framework
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.2 free Typing
1.3 item Literal Notation
1.6 Prototypal Nature
1.8 No Modules
1.9 Immediately-Invoked functionality Expressions (IIFEs)
1.10 key-phrase “this”
1.12 additional Learning
2.1 Semicolons, Whitespace and Parentheses
2.6 Arrays and Slicing
3.1 average Backbone.js App Structure
3.2 constructing Backbone.js App from Scratch
3.3 Dependencies for the Backbone.js Project
3.4 operating with Backbone.js Collections
3.5 occasion Binding with Backbone.js and jQuery
3.6 Backbone.js perspectives and Subviews with Underscore.js
3.7 great uncomplicated spine Starter Kit
4.1 Read-Eval-Print Loop (a.k.a. Console) in Node.js
4.2 Launching Node.js Scripts
4.3 Node.js technique Information
4.4 getting access to international Scope in Node.js
4.5 Exporting and uploading Modules
4.6 Buffer is a Node.js great information Type
4.7 __dirname vs. process.cwd
4.8 convenient Utilities in Node.js
4.9 examining and Writing from/to The dossier process in Node.js
4.10 Streaming information in Node.js
4.11 fitting Node.js Modules with NPM
4.12 hi international Server with HTTP Node.js Module
4.13 Debugging Node.js Programs
4.14 Taming Callbacks in Node.js
4.15 creation to Node.js with Ryan Dahl
4.16 relocating ahead with Express.js
5 Express.js basics: the most well-liked Node.js Framework
5.1 Express.js Installation
5.2 Express.js Command-Line Interface
5.3 Routes in Express.js
5.4 Middleware because the spine of Express.js
5.5 Configuration of an Express.js App
5.6 Jade is Haml for Express.js/Node.js
5.7 end concerning the Express.js Framework
6 concerning the Author
6.2 touch Us
It hasn't taken net builders lengthy to find that once it involves growing dynamic, database-driven sites, MySQL and personal home page offer a successful open-source blend. upload this publication to the combination, and there is no restrict to the robust, interactive websites that builders can create. With step by step directions, entire scripts, and specialist how you can advisor readers, veteran writer and database fashion designer Larry Ullman will get all the way down to enterprise: After grounding readers with separate discussions of first the scripting language (PHP) after which the database software (MySQL), he is going directly to conceal defense, periods and cookies, and utilizing extra internet instruments, with a number of sections dedicated to growing pattern purposes. This advisor is essential for starting to intermediate point internet designers who are looking to change their static websites with whatever dynamic. during this version, the majority of the hot fabric covers the most recent beneficial properties and strategies with Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL. additionally new to this variation are chapters introducing jQuery and object-oriented programming thoughts.
By Baron Schwartz
How are you able to carry out MySQL’s complete strength? With High functionality MySQL, you’ll examine complex recommendations for every thing from designing schemas, indexes, and queries to tuning your MySQL server, working procedure, and to their fullest strength. This advisor additionally teaches you secure and sensible how one can scale functions via replication, load balancing, excessive availability, and failover.
Updated to mirror fresh advances in MySQL and InnoDB functionality, beneficial properties, and instruments, this 3rd variation not just deals particular examples of the way MySQL works, it additionally teaches you why the program works because it does, with illustrative tales and case stories that exhibit MySQL’s rules in motion. With this ebook, you’ll study how to think in MySQL.
- Learn the results of latest positive aspects in MySQL 5.5, together with kept systems, partitioned databases, triggers, and views
- Implement advancements in replication, excessive availability, and clustering
- Achieve excessive functionality whilst operating MySQL within the cloud
- Optimize complex querying beneficial properties, equivalent to full-text searches
- Take good thing about smooth multi-core CPUs and solid-state disks
- Explore backup and restoration strategies—including new instruments for decent on-line backups
The legit research advisor for the qualified instant layout specialist (CWDP) examination from CWNP!
This reliable advisor is what you want to arrange for the vendor-neutral CWDP examination (PW0-250), which assessments an IT professional’s skill to layout, plan, and troubleshoot a instant community. Administered through CWNP, the chief for firm wireless education and certification, the CWDP examination is for these working in huge WLAN deployments. This sensible advisor not just covers all examination pursuits, it additionally provides functional details on designing for advanced environments corresponding to companies, hospitals, academic amenities, and in outside spaces.
- Covers all examination pursuits for the qualified instant layout specialist (CWDP) examination, examination PW0-250
- Covers making plans, constructing a WLAN layout procedure and RF, carrying out complicated web site surveying, constructing 802.11 protection, and troubleshooting
- Companion CD contains perform checks and over a hundred digital flashcards
- Sybex is the legitimate writer for qualified instant community expert, Inc., the certifying seller for the CWAP program
If you must arrange for CWNP certification, a Sybex examine advisor is what you need!
Note: CD-ROM fabrics for publication purchases will be downloaded from CWNP’s web site at www.cwnp.com/sybex.
Focused evaluate for the CompTIA protection+ certification exam
The CompTIA protection+ certification deals great possibilities for IT execs. if you are looking to take their careers to the following point, CompTIA safeguard+ evaluate advisor: examination SY0-401 is the following to function an outstanding source for certification training. This concise, concentrated consultant is simple to exploit and is prepared by way of each one examination target for speedy overview and reinforcement of key subject matters. you will discover details on community safety, compliance and operational protection, and threats and vulnerabilities. also, this quintessential source delves into software, facts, and host protection, entry regulate and id administration, and cryptography. no matter if you are looking to accomplish defense+ certification or just wake up to hurry on key IT defense options, this evaluate consultant brings jointly classes at the such a lot crucial topics.
In addition to the content material within the booklet, you should have entry to greater than a hundred perform examination questions, digital flashcards, and a searchable thesaurus of key terms.
- Serves as a vital evaluation consultant for protection+ certification exam
- Split into six sections that disguise the main crucial themes for pros drawn to defense+ certification and different certifications
- Features extra assets featured on better half web site, together with perform examination questions, digital flashcards, and a word list of key terms
More than 250,000 IT execs have earned their defense+ certification because it used to be based. subscribe to the hundreds of thousands who're excelling of their IT careers and get a head commence on reviewing for one of many field's so much wanted certifications.
By Adam Jorgensen, Jorge Segarra, Patrick LeBlanc, Jose Chinchilla, Aaron Nelson
Harness the strong new SQL Server 2012
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 is the main major replace to this product given that 2005, and it will possibly switch how database directors and builders practice many facets in their jobs. if you are a database administrator or developer, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Bible teaches you every little thing you want to take complete benefit of this significant liberate. This distinctive advisor not just covers the entire new positive aspects of SQL Server 2012, it additionally exhibits you step-by-step the way to strengthen top-notch SQL Server databases and new facts connections and retain your databases functioning at peak.
The booklet is filled with particular examples, pattern code, and a bunch of information, workarounds, and top practices. furthermore, downloadable code is accessible from the book's spouse site, that you may use to jumpstart your personal projects.
- Serves as an authoritative consultant to Microsoft's SQL Server 2012 for database directors and developers
- Covers the entire software's new positive factors and services, together with SQL Azure for cloud computing, improvements to customer connectivity, and new performance that guarantees high-availability of mission-critical applications
- Explains significant new adjustments to the SQL Server company Intelligence instruments, resembling Integration, Reporting, and research Services
- Demonstrates projects either graphically and in SQL code to reinforce your learning
- Provides resource code from the significant other site, which you could use as a foundation to your personal projects
- Explores information, shrewdpermanent workarounds, and most sensible practices that can assist you at the job
Get completely on top of things on SQL Server 2012 with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Bible.
By Spencer Krum, William Van Hevelingen, James Turnbull, Jeffrey McCune
Seasoned Puppet, moment version, now up to date for Puppet three, is an in-depth consultant to fitting, utilizing, and constructing the preferred configuration administration software Puppet.
Puppet presents how to automate every little thing from person administration to server configuration. you are going to find out how Puppet has replaced within the most up-to-date model, find out how to apply it to various systems, together with home windows, tips to paintings with Puppet modules, and the way to exploit Hiera.
Puppet is a must have software for method directors, and professional Puppet will train you ways to maximise its functions and customise it on your surroundings.
Install and configure Puppet to right away commence automating projects and create reporting strategies
Learn insider methods and strategies to raised deal with your infrastructure
Become a Puppet expert!
By Steve Souders
Functionality is important to the good fortune of any site, and but cutting-edge internet purposes push browsers to their limits with expanding quantities of wealthy content material and heavy use of Ajax. during this booklet, Steve Souders, internet functionality evangelist at Google and previous leader functionality Yahoo!, presents priceless concepts that can assist you optimize your site's functionality.
Souders' past ebook, the bestselling High functionality net Sites, stunned the internet improvement international by way of revealing that eighty% of the time it takes for an internet web page to load is at the shopper aspect. In Even speedier net Sites, Souders and 8 professional members offer most sensible practices and pragmatic recommendation for making improvements to your site's functionality in 3 severe categories:
- Network--Learn to percentage assets throughout a number of domain names, lessen snapshot measurement with out lack of caliber, and use chunked encoding to render pages quicker.
- Browser--Discover possible choices to iframes, easy methods to simplify CSS selectors, and different recommendations.
Speed is key for brand new wealthy media sites and net 2.0 functions. With this e-book, you are going to how one can shave priceless seconds off your websites' load instances and lead them to reply even faster.
This ebook comprises six visitor chapters contributed through Dion Almaer, Doug Crockford, Ben Galbraith, Tony Gentilcore, Dylan Schiemann, Stoyan Stefanov, Nicole Sullivan, and Nicholas C. Zakas.
By Holly Cummins
Enterprise OSGI in Action is a hands-on consultant for builders utilizing OSGi to construct the following new release of company Java purposes. through providing suitable examples and case stories, this e-book courses the reader throughout the maze of recent criteria and projects.
About This Book
Enterprise OSGi is a collection of criteria for development modular Java functions which combine seamlessly with latest Java EE applied sciences. It extends the OSGi part framework to allotted systems.
Enterprise OSGi in Action is a hands-on consultant for builders utilizing OSGi to construct firm Java purposes. Many examples and case experiences provide help to construct, try out, and set up modular net purposes. The ebook explains the best way to reap the benefits of dynamism, distribution, and automated dependency provisioning, whereas nonetheless integrating with present Java EE applications.
The e-book is written for Java EE builders. No earlier event with OSGi is required.
- Build modular functions utilizing servlets, JSPs, WARs, and JPA
- Better part reuse and robustness
- Expert counsel for Apache Aries
Purchase of the print e-book features a unfastened publication in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Authors
Holly Cummins and Tim Ward are lead engineers who usually converse at developerWorks, Devoxx, JavaZone, and EclipseCon. Tim has written criteria in either the OSGi center and firm necessities and either authors are energetic Apache Aries committers.
Table of Contents
- OSGi and the enterprise—why now?
- Developing an easy OSGi-based net application
- Persistence will pay off
- Packaging your business OSGi applications
- Best practices for company applications
- Building dynamic purposes with OSGi services
- Provisioning and resolution
- Tools for construction and testing
- IDE improvement tools
- Hooking up distant platforms with disbursed OSGi
- Migration and integration
- Coping with the non-OSGi world
- Choosing a stack