Pro HTML5 Programming: Powerful APIs for Richer Internet Application Development (Expert's Voice in Web Development)
By Peter Lubbers, Frank Salim
HTML5 is the following, and with it, net functions tackle an influence, ease, scalability, and responsiveness like by no means ahead of. during this e-book, builders will use the newest state of the art HTML5 internet technology―available within the latest types of contemporary browsers―to construct internet functions with unheard of performance, pace, and responsiveness.
- Explains the best way to create real-time HTML5 functions that faucet the complete strength of recent browsers
- Provides functional, real-world examples of HTML5 positive aspects in motion
- Shows which HTML5 gains are supported in present browsers
- Covers the entire new HTML5 APIs to get you in control speedy with HTML5
By Jose Valim
Get able to see Rails as you will have by no means visible it earlier than. the way to expand the framework, switch its habit, and change entire parts to bend it for your will. 8 diverse test-driven tutorials can assist you recognize Rails' internal workings and get ready you to take on complex initiatives with recommendations which are well-tested, modular, and straightforward to maintain.
This moment version of the bestselling Crafting Rails Applications has been up-to-date to Rails four and discusses new subject matters comparable to streaming, mountable engines, and thread safety.
Rails is among the so much extensible frameworks available in the market. This pioneering publication deep-dives into the Rails plugin APIs and exhibits you, the intermediate Rails developer, the best way to use them to put in writing greater net purposes and make your day by day paintings with Rails extra productive.
Rails center developer Jose Valim courses you thru 8 diverse tutorials, each one utilizing test-driven improvement to construct a brand new Rails plugin or software that solves universal issues of those APIs. you are going to find out how the Rails rendering stack works and customise it to learn templates from the database whenever you become aware of the right way to mimic lively checklist habit, comparable to validations, in the other item. you will find out how Rails integrates with Rack, different how one can move facts out of your net software, and the way to combine Rails engines and Sinatra functions into your Rails apps, so that you can decide upon the main applicable device for the activity. additionally, you will enhance your productiveness by way of customizing turbines and responders.
This e-book may also help you already know Rails' internal workings, together with turbines, template handlers, internationalization, routing, and responders. With the data you are going to achieve, you will create well-tested, modular, and strong strategies in your subsequent project.
What You Need
This e-book calls for earlier adventure with Ruby on Rails.
By Lee Babin
Ajax breathes new lifestyles into internet functions via transparently speaking and manipulating information together with a server-based expertise. Of all of the server-based applied sciences in a position to operating along with Ajax, might be none are better than personal home page, the world’s most well liked scripting language.
Beginning Ajax with Hypertext Preprocessor: From beginner to Professional is the 1st ebook to introduce how those well known applied sciences can interact to create next-generation functions. writer Lee Babin covers what you often stumble upon in day-by-day net software improvement projects, and indicates you the way to construct PHP/Ajax-enabled strategies for varieties validation, dossier add tracking, database-driven info demonstrate and manipulation, internet prone, Google Maps integration, and more.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Ajax
- Ajax fundamentals
- PHP and Ajax
- Database-Driven Ajax
- A Real-World Ajax program
- Ergonomic exhibit
- Web prone
- Spatially Enabled internet purposes
- Cross-Browser matters
- Testing and Debugging
- The DOM
By Eric Tiggeler
Build, boost, and deal with a completely functioning, expert having a look, and feature-rich site with the Joomla! CMS
About This Book
- Build and preserve your personal web site fast, simply, and successfully, getting the main out of the totally revised Joomla content material administration system
- Learn the entire important net construction talents: from organizing your content material to totally altering the location design
- Learn through doing: stick with step by step directions on how one can create an instance site that meets real-life requirements
Who This booklet Is For
The Joomla! three Beginner's consultant moment version is the final word advisor for internet builders who desire to construct upon their abilities and data on growing web content. whether you are new to this topic, you will not have any hassle realizing the transparent and pleasant directions and motives. No previous wisdom of HTML and CSS is required.
What you'll Learn
- Discover the right way to create a feature-rich web site that is effortless to extend, customise, and retain, with no studying HTML and Cascading kind Sheets (CSS)
- Engage your internet viewers and switch them into lively clients; let clients to sign in and upload content
- Use templates to get your website to appear correct by way of tweaking the CSS and customizing templates utilizing your personal emblem, fonts, and colors
- Extend Joomla's features by way of discovering and fitting must-have extensions that completely meet your purposes
- Get to understand easy methods to elevate your site's visibility for se's, utilising SEO (SEO) techniques
Taking complete good thing about all of the new good points and improvements additional to the 2014 unlock of Joomla three, this functional consultant begins by means of educating you the way to put in Joomla. After a short journey of the elemental options and the recent positive aspects, you will construct your first actual web site very quickly through customizing Joomla's default pattern website to suit you, changing the brand, colours, menus, and content.
You will arrange the becoming volume of content material utilizing Joomla's versatile approach of different types and content material tags. within the final couple of chapters, you transcend the fundamentals and should notice tips on how to extend Joomla's functions. eventually, you'll achieve wisdom approximately web optimization (SEO), website safety, and multilingual websites. step by step, the Joomla! three Beginner's advisor moment variation teaches you ways to establish, customise, improve, and hold your site utilizing Joomla!
By Eric A. Meyer
As an online fashion designer, you most likely spend extra time operating with textual content than the other aspect. With this concise consultant, you’ll study CSS3 homes for altering the looks of textual content with out changing the font face—including horizontal and vertical alignment, textual content transformation, note and letter spacing, textual content wrapping, and the course of textual content flow.
This ebook is an excerpt from the impending fourth version of CSS: The Definitive consultant. for those who buy both the print or the booklet version of CSS textual content, you’ll obtain a chit at the whole Definitive consultant as soon as it’s published. Why wait, for those who can begin manipulating textual content in your pages correct away?
• Use homes for indenting and aligning strains of textual content
• regulate the top among traces of textual content past the font’s measurement
• switch the volume of house among phrases and person characters
• upload underlines, overlines, strike-throughs, shadows, and different results
• tutor browsers to prioritize velocity, legibility, or geometric precision whilst rendering textual content
• find out how and whilst to suppress computerized hyphenation
• ensure the course that textual content flows, together with left-to-right and top-to-bottom
The fact approximately HTML5 is for net designers, net builders, and front-end coders who are looking to wake up to hurry with HTML5. The e-book isn't really afraid to show what every person will get unsuitable approximately HTML5's new markup, so that you don’t make an analogous errors. it's going to convey you what rocks in HTML5 this present day and what the long run holds.
Marking up a simple online page just isn't a quasi-religious workout the place the excessive clergymen of HTML5 needs to be consulted for his or her interpretation of the holy texts (the HTML5 spec). Don’t waste hours trawling via complicated, poorly researched, and sometimes flat-out flawed info on the web. Get the reality on HTML5's markup right here. you are going to additionally learn about HTML5's new microdata common that is getting used on significant web content, corresponding to eBay and IMDB, instantly, and get the low-down at the Canvas item and what it may and cannot do for you. The e-book additionally covers how HTML5 impacts CMSs and internet apps, what HTML5 capability for cellular, and what the long run holds.
HTML5 isn't really one enormous blob of know-how that would be "finished" at some point soon sooner or later. It’s a seize bag of cool stuff, a lot of which has been round for years. study what’s good supported and able to pass this present day. Now that the preliminary wave of hype is over, it is time to research the reality approximately HTML5.
By Alex Libby
Over 20 useful, hands-on recipes to encode and exhibit movies within the HTML5 video standard
* Encode and embed movies into websites utilizing the HTML5 video standard
* put up movies to well known websites, resembling YouTube or VideoBin
* supply cross-browser help for HTML5 movies and create your individual customized video participant utilizing jQuery
Publishing movies on-line has been round for a few years, even though has fairly taken off with the arrival of video sharing websites akin to YouTube. the ability of video is very large if performed good; it could current loads of info in a extra visually attractive demeanour than utilizing written textual content and photographs. performed badly notwithstanding – it might probably current actual difficulties to the corporate or person webhosting the video, that experience the aptitude to reason a few genuine harm!
"HTML5 Video How-To" is a pragmatic, hands-on consultant that gives you with a few transparent step by step routines, for you to assist you make the most of the true energy that's at the back of HTML5 video, and provides you a great grounding in utilizing it on your internet pages.
This booklet seems to be on the HTML5 video codecs on hand, and breaks down the secret and confusion that surrounds which layout to exploit. it's going to take you thru a few transparent, functional recipes that can assist you to use the recent HTML5 video normal, quick and painlessly.
You also will methods to construct your personal video participant utilizing jQuery, or by utilizing one of many pre-built libraries to be had. we are going to additionally have a look at including performance resembling lightbox results, or subtitles, in addition to easy methods to put up video clips to well known website hosting websites, reminiscent of YouTube or VideoBin. which will make the most of utilizing the hot HTML5 video structure, then this is often the ebook for you.
You will examine every little thing you must recognize to transform movies into the ideal structure, in addition to the right way to demonstrate them on your browser or web content, throughout a number of platforms.
What will you study from this publication
* changing movies right into a legitimate HTML5 format
* developing playback aid for video clips from inside of your websites or browser
* Embedding video clips utilizing the HTML5 standard
* Publishing video clips to renowned website hosting websites, equivalent to YouTube or VideoBin
* establishing fall-back aid for older browsers
* help for cross-browser playback, utilizing a HTML5 polyfill
* construction your individual customized video participant utilizing jQuery
* making a topic to be used together with your video player
* including subtitles in your video
* offering video clips utilizing a "lightbox" effect
This publication takes the How-to sequence method of assist you examine most vital initiatives via recipes
Who this e-book is written for
This publication is superb for builders new to the HTML5 Video common, and who're trying to get a great grounding in how one can use the hot structure. It's assumed that you'll have a few adventure in HTML and jQuery already, in addition to being accustomed to embedding movies utilizing present "old school" equipment, akin to home windows Media participant. Readers are anticipated to have a number of movies on hand, on the way to be used in the course of the routines inside this book.
One benefit of utilizing CSS3 is for you to practice colours and backgrounds to any point in an internet record, create your individual gradients, or even follow a number of backgrounds to an identical point. This functional advisor indicates you several how one can use shades, backgrounds, and gradients to accomplish a few beautiful amazing effects.
Short and candy, this ebook is an excerpt from the approaching fourth version of CSS: The Definitive Guide. if you happen to buy both the print or the e-book variation of colours, Backgrounds, and Gradients, you’ll obtain a chit at the whole Definitive consultant as soon as it’s published. Why wait? how one can deliver existence for your web content now.
- Define foreground colours for a border or point with the colour property
- Combine foreground and history colours to create attention-grabbing effects
- Position and repeat a number of photos in an element’s background
- Fix a picture to a screen’s viewing region, instead of to the aspect that includes it
- Use colour stops to outline vertical, horizontal, and diagonal linear gradients
- Create highlight results, round shadows, and different results with radial gradients
Full-color consultant and video tutorials make a robust mixture for studying layout purposes within the Adobe artistic Cloud
If you're keen on the assumption of tackling the layout and internet functions in Adobe’s inventive Cloud in smaller bites, then this can be the book-and-video education studying combination for you. greater than 25 classes, every one together with step by step directions and lesson documents subsidized via video tutorials, assist you get happy with all positive factors and services. paintings at your individual speed, if you progressively construct talents in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Fireworks. With this electronic school room education package deal, you may have your personal inner most teacher exhibiting you the best way to profit the newest Adobe layout apps.
- Combines a full-color, step by step tutorial ebook besides lesson records and video education on DVD, to educate clients find out how to use the newest models of InDesign CC, Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, Dreamweaver CC, Flash CC, Fireworks CC, and Adobe Bridge
- Provides thorough education from a staff of professional teachers from American portraits Institute (AGI)
Start hopefully developing the wealthy and interactive content material audience call for with this functional studying product, Adobe artistic Cloud electronic Classroom
Note: DVD and different supplementary fabrics aren't integrated as a part of the booklet dossier, yet can be found for obtain after purchase.
By Frank Bongers
Jeder, der für das world-wide-web entwickelt, jeder Webdesigner, der die Möglichkeiten von (X)HTML und CSS ausschöpfen möchte, benötigt ein Werk, das vollständig in die Markup-Sprachen einführt. Das Buch bietet umfangreiche Praxisbeispiele für jeden behandelten Tag sowie kommentierte Codebeispiele, die beim Erlernen der Sprache helfen. Validierungen dieser Beispiele anhand der verschiedenen Browserimplementierungen zeigen, wo Stolperfallen und Probleme liegen und welche Lösungen existieren, um diese zu umgehen. Kapitel zur Suchmaschinenoptimierung und zu den Themen Usability und Accessibility machen das Werk zum vollständigen Handbuch - als Lern- und Nachschlagewerk.