By Matt Telles, Julie Meloni
Learn how to create websites speedy and simply with PHP--no earlier programming event required! Hypertext Preprocessor 6 quick & effortless net improvement presents a step by step, learn-by-example route to studying via easy-to-understand language and illustrations. in contrast to the verbose text-only chapters present in so much programming books, the quick & effortless internet improvement kind appeals to clients who're new to personal home page, or to programming typically. the 1st 3 chapters are devoted to getting Apache, MySQL, and personal home page up and operating in your home windows or Linux laptop. You'll be shocked at how basic it's, and the way fast you'll be operating. From there, you'll how you can create multi-part scripts, exhibit dynamic content material, paintings with MySQL databases, limit entry to definite pages of your web site utilizing personal home page, create touch administration structures, and paintings with XML. After finishing this ebook, you could have a powerful starting place within the fundamentals of Web-based applied sciences and alertness layout, and should be ready to benefit extra complex issues and programming tools.
Eliminate risky code by means of taking regulate and figuring out the right way to try AngularJS applications
About This Book
- Learn tips on how to construct an excellent and extra trustworthy AngularJS codebase via test-driven improvement utilizing in actual fact outlined recipes
- Understand tips on how to arrange and configure your improvement atmosphere for unit and end-to-end trying out of AngularJS applications
- Over 50 hands-on recipes that can assist you construct a great origin in AngularJS
Who This booklet Is For
This booklet is meant for builders who've an knowing of the fundamental ideas in the back of either AngularJS and test-driven improvement. You, as a developer, have an interest in casting off the terror concerning both introducing exams to an present codebase or beginning out checking out on a clean AngularJS program. in case you are a group chief or a part of a QA group with the accountability of making sure complete attempt insurance of an program, then this ebook is perfect so you might understand the entire checking out scope required via your builders. no matter if you are new to or are good versed with AngularJS, this booklet will warrantly an entire realizing of your software code and support lessen the price of bugs.
What you'll Learn
- Install and configure all required instruments and dependencies to start checking out your AngularJS application
- Understand the anatomy of a unit attempt and combine middle basics to start trying out AngularJS
- Discover navigation and routing utilizing either the AngularJS router and the ui-router library
- Explore easy methods to try out controllers
- Analyze try directives and user-based interaction
- Explain the makes use of of spies and attempt events
- Test prone utilizing mocks and spies
- Animate try out circumstances, either synchronously and asynchronously
AngularJS stepped as much as supply a accomplished approach to frontend improvement with minimum dependencies and a transparent set of objectives.
This booklet follows the AngularJS philosophy and gives tips on how one can method checking out elements that make up the AngularJS framework. first and foremost of the ebook, you'll discover the way to configure your procedure to run unit and end-to-end assessments. Following this, you will get to grips with basic ideas on checking out AngularJS with Jasmine. Then, you will know how spies can provide help to try out your code with larger assurance and ease all through your program. the ultimate result's an AngularJS software that's verified with integrity, assisting facilitate a purifier and extra trustworthy codebase.
By Thomas Deuling
Develop internet purposes successfully with the Aptana Studio three IDE
- Learn how effortless it truly is to put in Aptana Studio three and tailor it completely in your needs.
- Dive into very important facets with Aptana Studio three equivalent to workspaces and projects.
- Work with Aptana Studio in a wide disbursed Team.
"Aptana Studio Beginner's advisor" is full of the author's event of numerous years constructing with Aptana Studio. it isn't only a robust advisor, it is a functional, hands-on creation to Aptana Studio as an entire. that will harness Aptana Studio to augment your web-development productiveness, then learn this book.
You will commence through constructing your personal set up of Aptana Studio, and should be guided step by step during the quite a few levels of constructing with Aptana Studio.
You will methods to deal with your entire paintings in workspaces and tasks, and the way you could optimize your initiatives reckoning on the character of the project.
In addition, you may be taught the right way to paintings on distant servers or deal with your resource code with Git and SVN.
Finally, you've an absolutely configured IDE and be outfitted with the information approximately easy methods to paintings and deal with huge web-projects.
What you are going to examine from this book
- Set up your personal deploy of Aptana Studio.
- Dive into Aptana Studio and examine all approximately workspaces, views, and projects.
- Manage your resource with Git and SVN.
- Work on PHP-Projects.
Accompanied via the lots of instance code and step by step directions, this booklet will amplify you from a amateur to knowledgeable in no time.
Who this e-book is written for
- Offers home made e-commerce resolution utilizing WordPress and WooCommerce
- Discover the recent Onboarding wizard that makes complicated procedures user-friendly
- Manage your on-line shop and extend its services utilizing plugins
Building an internet shop is frequently thought of to be a tough, advanced job. utilizing the mix of WordPress and the WooCommerce plugin, this can be not the case. WooCommerce is the most well-liked e-commerce platform for WordPress and is being speedily constructed by way of WooThemes. It presents a robust e-commerce technique to manage your personal on-line shop in precisely a few hours.
This effortless and sensible e-book might help you're making the main of WooCommerce with the intention to arrange and run your on-line shop your self. fitting WooCommerce is a simple activity, yet this ebook will clarify intimately the entire attainable settings. After that you will be including items, assorted cost tools, and transport suggestions on your shop. you are going to then customise your shop by means of including subject matters to alter the feel and appear. as soon as your shop is working, you will the best way to use coupons, procedure your orders, examine stories, or even extend the performance extra with extra plugins.
By the top of the booklet, you are going to research every little thing you must upload an absolutely useful on-line shop to you WordPress site and begin working a web business.
What you are going to learn
- Use WooCommerce settings to establish the habit of the web store
- Get acquainted with the downloadable and variable products
- Set up delivery and fee methods
- Use coupons for advertising purposes
- Choose the appropriate WooCommerce subject in your on-line store
- Customize your web site utilizing the Storefront subject matter as a base
- Handle orders, funds, and emails every day with ease
- Work with WooCommerce reporting possibilities
- Expanding your on-line shop with the functionalities provided by way of WooCommerce
About the Author
Robbert Ravensbergen is an skilled e-commerce and IT supervisor. He has been operating in different overseas roles for numerous businesses. he is additionally a passionate author and blogger. WordPress, WooCommerce, and Magento are the themes that he writes about.
Robbert published a number of books approximately Magento and WooCommerce for Packt Publishing over the last couple of years. in addition to this, he is a big author within the Netherlands and renowned for his comprehensible books for newbies approximately WordPress.
Readers can achieve Robbert on his own web publication at http://www.joomblocks.com.
Table of Contents
- Setting Up WooCommerce
- Creating Your First Products
- Using Downloadable items and Variations
- Payments, transport, and Coupons
- Working with WooCommerce Themes
- Customizing a WooCommerce Theme
- Running Your on-line Store
- More chances utilizing Plugins
By Rodrigo Silveira
Learning will be enjoyable, specifically in terms of attending to grips with HTML5. every one bankruptcy of this publication teaches a brand new suggestion of HTML5 via supporting you boost a correct online game. It’s schooling with out the effort.
- Learn the fundamentals of this rising know-how and feature enjoyable doing it
- Unleash the hot and intriguing positive aspects and APIs of HTML5
- Create responsive video games that may be performed on a browser and on a cellular device
HTML is speedy, safe, responsive, interactive, and stunningly appealing. It allows you to objective the most important variety of units and browsers with the smallest amount of attempt. operating with the newest applied sciences is usually enjoyable and with a quickly growing to be cellular marketplace, it's a new and interesting position to be.
"Learning HTML5 via growing enjoyable video games" takes you thru the adventure of studying HTML5 correct from developing the surroundings to making fully-functional video games. it is going to assist you discover the fundamentals when you paintings during the complete booklet with the of completion of every game.
"Learning HTML5 by means of growing enjoyable video games" takes a really pleasant method of educating enjoyable, foolish video games for the aim of supplying you with a radical grounding in HTML5. The publication has in simple terms as a lot thought because it has to, usually in tip bins, with lots of the info explaining the way to create HTML5 canvas video games. you'll be assisted with plenty of basic steps with screenshots development in the direction of foolish yet addictive games.
The e-book introduces you to HTML5 through aiding the setup and the underlying surroundings. As you begin development your first online game that could be a typography video game, the importance of components utilized in video game improvement corresponding to enter forms, internet kinds, and so on.We will see tips on how to write a latest browser-compatible code whereas making a easy Jelly Wobbling online game. every one video game introduces you to a sophisticated subject akin to vector snap shots, local audio manipulation, and dragging-and-dropping. within the later element of the ebook, you'll find your self constructing the well-known snake online game utilizing requestAnimationFrame in addition to the canvas API, and adorning it additional with net messaging, net garage, and native garage. The final online game of this booklet, a second area shooter video game, will then assist you comprehend cellular layout considerations.
What you'll examine from this book
- Understand why the open net is the simplest platform to increase for
- Set up an area internet improvement environment
- Create DOM-based video games similar to a typography online game utilizing semantic HTML5 tags and CSS3 features
- Use the recent canvas aspect to create a second area shooter game
- Discover writing moveable code whereas constructing a uncomplicated Jelly Wobbling Gravity Game
- Create animations utilizing RequestAninmationFrame whereas improvising the Snake game.
- Make your video games transportable throughout machine and cellular devices
- Get began with WebGL for 3D video game improvement, and with different upcoming HTML5 positive aspects and APIs
By instructing HTML5 by means of constructing interesting video games, the reader will see concrete functions for every of the recommendations, and also will have a robust deliverable on the finish of every bankruptcy – a completely useful online game. We study a number of the strategies utilizing very summary examples – find out how to version animals, meals, or fictitious machines. This makes studying and figuring out much more straightforward, and lots more and plenty extra enjoyable.
Who this ebook is written for
If you're want to get an outstanding grounding in how you can use the hot remarkable expertise that's HTML5, this ebook is for you. simple wisdom of HTML and/or HTML5 is welcome, yet not obligatory. The publication is a pleasant and intriguing reference for beginners.
By Steve Krug
5 years and greater than 100,000 copies after it used to be first released, it really is difficult to visualize an individual operating in website design who hasn't learn Steve Krug's "instant vintage" on internet usability, yet everyone is nonetheless learning it each day. during this moment version, Steve provides 3 new chapters within the related sort because the unique: wry and unique, but loaded with insights and sensible suggestion for beginner and veteran alike. do not be stunned if it thoroughly adjustments how you take into consideration website design. With those 3 new chapters:
- Usability as universal courtesy -- Why humans rather go away internet sites
- Web Accessibility, CSS, and also you -- Making websites usable and accessible
- Help! My boss wishes me to ______. -- Surviving govt layout whims
"I suggestion usability used to be the enemy of layout until eventually I learn the 1st variation of this book. Don't Make Me imagine! showed me how you can placed myself within the place of the person that makes use of my site. After analyzing it over a few hours and placing its principles to paintings for the prior 5 years, i will be able to say it has performed extra to increase my talents as an internet fashion designer than the other book.
In this moment variation, Steve Krug provides crucial ammunition for these whose bosses, consumers, stakeholders, and advertising managers insist on doing the inaccurate thing. in case you layout, write, application, personal, or deal with sites, you need to learn this book." -- Jeffrey Zeldman, writer of Designing with internet Standards
By Jonathan Snook, Steve Smith, Jina Bolton, Cameron Adams, David Johnson
CSS-based layout doesn't must be uninteresting. The paintings & technology of CSS brings jointly a skilled selection of designers who will allow you to take the development blocks of your net site's layout (such as headings, navigation, types, and extra) and convey them to existence with absolutely standards-compliant CSS.
This full color ebook allows you to layout websites that not just paintings good throughout all browsers, are effortless to keep up, and are hugely obtainable, yet also are visually attractive.
* Create actually fascinating headings. * realize a number of how one can current photos successfully. * Use historical past photographs to offer your web site zest. * construct usable and engaging navigation. * layout types which are trendy and useful. * how one can cut loose from the sq. field gclich. * Create funky tables. * and many more
From the Publisher
Jonathan Snook, Steve Smith, Jina Bolton, Cameron Adams, and David Johnson, 5 of the most important names in CSS layout have joined forces to carry you The artwork & technological know-how Of CSS.
fantastically offered in complete colour, this e-book will educate you the way to use leading edge CSS-based recommendations to create visually lovely headings, types, menus, navigation, backgrounds, and masses more...
utilizing The artwork & technological know-how Of CSS, you'll see simply how effortless it truly is to unharness your inventive abilities and layout inspirational sites with CSS.
All designs during this e-book are visually beautiful and encouraging. The CSS code used to create all of the elements is integrated and warranted to be uncomplicated, effective and cross-browser appropriate.
between its many treasures, this booklet will exhibit you ways to:
* layout calendars, menus and desk of contents utilizing CSS * Create horizontal, vertical and tab-based navigation structures utilizing CSS * Create rounded corners utilizing CSS * layout fashionable web site headings * prepare funky & creative site backgrounds * Use CSS to render blockquotes, dates and lists in a visually attractive demeanour All designs during this e-book are visually beautiful and encouraging. The code CSS code used to create all the elements is supplied and is guaranteed to be uncomplicated, effective and cross-browser compatible.
Who may still learn This Book?
This publication is perfect for a person who desires to achieve the sensible talents fascinated with utilizing CSS to make appealing sites, in particular if you're now not the kind who loves to research through memorizing a proper specification after which attempting to figure out which browsers carried out it thoroughly (does a person take pleasure in studying specifications?). the one wisdom you'll should have is a few familiarity with HTML. This booklet will provide designers the abilities they should enforce their principles, and offers builders with artistic proposal via sensible examples.
By Matthew MacDonald
Whether you’re a budding blogger or pro net clothier, WordPress is a superb instrument for developing web content, when you know the way to faucet its awesome positive factors. the newest version of this jargon-free lacking handbook exhibits you ways to take advantage of WordPress 3.9’s issues, widgets, plug-ins, and souped-up modifying and multimedia instruments to construct with regards to any type of site.
The very important belongings you have to know:
- Create your site. Get hands-on, A-to-Z directions for development every kind of web sites, from elegant blogs to professional-looking ecommerce sites.
- Add features. make a choice from millions of widgets and plug-ins to augment your site’s ease of use, appears to be like, and performance.
- Mix in multimedia. upload photo galleries, slideshows, videos, track avid gamers, and podcasts on your pages.
- Attract an audience. Create computerized content material feeds, register web site subscribers, and support readers percentage your posts on social media.
- Fine-tune your content. study website information to enhance your content material and achieve, and to optimize your web site for seek engines.
- Go Mobile. opt for a topic that instantly reconfigures your web site for cellular devices.
- Build a very exact site. how to customise WordPress issues to create a website that appears precisely the means you will want it to.
Read how David wrote center HTML5 Canvas: corehtml5canvas.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/the-making-of-core-html5-canvas
The results of years full-time paintings through a long-time best-selling writer, this e-book indicates you the way to enforce whatever you could think with the Canvas second API, from textual content editors to games. Geary meticulously covers each element of the API with crystal-clear writing so you not just comprehend complicated thoughts, yet most significantly, you could regulate the book's examples on your personal particular use cases.
The canvas element--using it with different HTML parts, dealing with occasions, printing a canvas, and utilizing offscreen canvases
Shapes--drawing, dragging, erasing, and enhancing traces, arcs, circles, curves, and polygons; utilizing shadows, gradients, and patterns
Text--drawing, positioning, atmosphere font houses; construction textual content controls
Images--drawing, scaling, clipping, processing, and animating
Animations--creating delicate, effective, and conveyable animations
Sprites--implementing lively gadgets that experience painters and behaviors
Physics--modeling actual platforms (falling our bodies, pendulums, and projectiles), and imposing tweening for nonlinear movement and animation
Collision detection--advanced options, sincerely explained
Game development--all facets of online game improvement, comparable to time-based movement and excessive ranking help, applied in a video game engine
Custom controls--infrastructure for imposing customized controls; imposing growth bars, sliders, and a picture panner
Mobile applications--fitting Canvas apps on a cellular monitor, utilizing media queries, dealing with contact occasions, and specifying iOS5 artifacts, similar to app icons
through the booklet, Geary discusses top quality, reusable code to aid expert builders research every thing they honestly want to know, with totally no fluff. all of the book's code and dwell demonstrations of key examples can be found at CoreHTML5Canvas.com.
By Jason Beaird
This moment version of the foundations of lovely website design is the appropriate publication for those who can construct web pages, yet are searching for the abilities and data to visually increase their sites.
This ebook will educate you the way to:
- Understand the method of what makes "good design," from discovery via to implementation
- Use colour successfully, enhance colour schemes, and create a palette
- Create exciting layouts utilizing grids, the rule of thumb of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: strains, issues, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make usual designs glance great
- Choose, edit, and place powerful imagery
and many more...
This revised, easy-to-follow advisor is illustrated with attractive, full-color examples, and leads readers throughout the means of growing nice designs from begin to finish.
It additionally features:
- Updated information regarding grid-based design
- How to layout for cellular resolutions
- Information in regards to the way forward for net fonts together with @font-face
- Common user-interface styles and resources